Yes, I know, you don’t want to have to remember all these little shortcuts. You would rather drag your mouse over and click several times until you get to where you want to go. I was the same way, and honestly I still am with most shortcuts.
But, I found that I tried all the shortcuts and put them on a paper right near my screen so it would remind me to continue trying them. After a while, I found the ones that seemed to make sense for the way I use my computer and I threw all the others out.
The ones I kept have truly made my life easier! Find out which ones make your life easier!
Here are my all time top 10.5 windows shortcuts:
1. Copy a selected item: Ctrl+C
2. Print: Ctrl+P
3. Cut a selected item: Ctrl+X
4. Select Everything: Ctrl+A
5. Undo your last action: Ctrl+Z (this has been a life saver)
6. Past an item: Ctrl+V (I kept doing Ctrl+P, oops)
7. Redo that thing I just undid: Ctrl+Y (As in why did I do that)
8. Switch between open windows: Alt+Tab
9. Clear everything to the side and show the desktop: Press little windows logo+D
10. Minimize a window: Press little windows logo+down arrow
10.5 Maximize a window: Press little windows logo +up arrow
That’s it for today folks. I hope this makes your life just a little bit easier.